Thursday, August 11, 2011

Farrah Fawcett 2011 – Mattel Doll – I Am SO Happy to Make it a Hybrid Doll

My favorite Farrah Fawcett Jill Monroe doll

If you asked me which factory doll of this year impressed me most so far? Doubtlessly, the Farrah Fawcett doll by Mattel (previous review here), I am so happy that Mattel has modified the prototype to Farrah’s likeness. The face shape, the chin and mouth shape have been improved greatly. But if you see from her side profile, they have missed the little hooked nose shape of Farrah. Otherwise, this Mattel Farrah rocks!

Farrah Fawcett Mattel doll after hair relaxed Farrah Fawcett Mattel Prototype doll

(The moment that my doll’s hair got relaxed – Left ) (The 1st Prototype doll - Right)

First glance of Farrah Doll Farrah Fawcett arrived

(Could not imagine that this horrible default hair could turned out to be great Farrah iconic look)

Farrah Fawcett doll side

The face has most of the Farrah look except the nose

Happy Results of the Operations

This doll is black label so the price is friendly. After her arrival, I could not help but cut off the string that tied her hair immediately, and relaxed it with my fingers. Out of my surprise, the hairstyle turned out to be fantastic. The volume of the hair seems to be right too! Her head is humongous on that not so articulated body, which is molded according to Farrah’s famous poster (oh…where are her nipples, by the way?) So, I transplanted her to Natalia’s body of Fashion Royalty, and also tried her head on the Cuban girl of HotToys (review here) (need to work a little bit on the neck joint). There is slightly skin tone deviation on both cases but not so noticeable with naked eyes! Each body gives this Farrah doll different life! The FR one could turn this doll into a fashion icon, while the Cuban girl could help to recreate the famous scenes of Jill Monroe in “Charlie’s Angels”. You can see the difference between the two from the snap shots here. I wish I would have more time to do some proper shots in the near future. For the time being, I am content with what I did!

Farrah Fawcett Charlie's Angels iconic scene

My best Attempt of Bringing Jill Monroe Back!

Farrah Fawcett Charlie's Angels

Farrah in color

Farrah on hottoys cuban girl body

Don’t Mess With Me!

Farrah fawcett in action

Farrah Fawcett as an angel

A Bare Foot Angel with Furry Wings

Farrah Fawcett Doll with wings

Farrah Fawcett doll

Farrah Fawcett doll dressed upNoel Cruz’s Stunning OOAK Farrah

It is always so amazing to see how people would OOAK/repaint Farrah dolls (previous entry here) Noel Cruz, my talented OOAK hero, has done another breath taking magic on this doll. When I saw the stunning pictures of this OOAK on FB, my eyes were full of tears! Thank you so much for bringing our Farrah back to life again, Noel!!! This OOAK Farrah bid ended at US1,681 on eBay!

Noel Cruz OOAK Farrah Fawcett

Picture Credit: Noel Cruz, Cliff CHAN

All rights reserved. Please do NOT reuse any of the materials or write-up without prior writing for permission!

No comments:

Post a Comment